Smoky, spicy, sweet, filling- but light all at the same time. This chipotle grilled peach flatbread is quick and simple, but still looks fancy pants. It is inspired by a flatbread from Los Angeles that I gave a resounding kick in the pants with the chipotle vinaigrette. I like spice, so there is quite a bit of adobo sauce in the recipe. Feel free to adjust up or down depending on your own preference.
Take advantage of the short season of stone fruits and leftover rotisserie chicken with this flatbread.
15 minTotal Time
- 2 store bought flatbreads or naan (sub gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 peaches
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- pinch sugar
- 1 cup mixed greens
- leftover rotisserie chicken
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- Soak the red onion in a small bowl of water. By the time you have done the rest of the steps, the harsh bite of the onion should have mellowed perfectly.
- Heat grill over medium-low heat, brush with oil, and place peaches, flesh side down on grill. Grill for a couple minutes- peaches are ready when they are soft, but not mushy. (Of course, you can do this on an outside grill as well!)
- While peaches are grilling, mix together the chipotle vinaigrette ingredients- oil, vinegar, adobo sauce, and pinch of sugar (you can omit the sugar if you really wish, but a pinch isn't going to kill you, and it really helps the flavors marry). Also, cut back or increase chipotle sauce per your taste.
- Take flatbreads, top with mixed greens, rotisserie chicken, onion, peaches, cilantro, and drizzle chipotle vinaigrette.